Saturday, July 2, 2011

Today, Finn and I were on our own. Brent and Max flew to Utah yesterday as planned and it seems they are having a great time. Max is playing with his cousins and has been out on a boat at least twice since yesterday. I am told he really likes boating. Finn was a good baby and slept from 8pm Friday evening until 6:20 am this morning. I was happy with that. We snuggled and played and at 8:30, we were on our way to Trader Joe's for some grocery shopping. It was nearly empty so we were in and out quickly. I got my Starbucks from the drive through store. Back home Finn had some breakfast and went down for his morning nap. I saw the rest of the movie I watched partially last night called "unknown" with Liam Neeson. It was good. Finn had lunch, played, we called both Grandma in Sweden and Gigi and Pop Pop who are in Delaware visiting since Grandmom Barbara just turned 90! Happy Birthday Grandmom! Finn and I went to the bank to pick up the passports from the safe deposit box and then it was time for him to eat again, followed by another nap. Later in the day, we visited the Uffelmans for a while, took a stroll with the tricycle around the court and Finn got a bath. He still wasn't ready to just hang out inside but wanted to get back out. We took a drive over to Target to pick up some necessities and when we got home, my baby was tired. After a bottle, he was in bed and asleep within minutes. He was busy today. He walked a lot! He is doing so great. He also likes to hold on to one of my hands and we walk side by side. He smiled a lot and laughed a lot but also cried. He cried during one feeding, not really sure why. Maybe I wasn't feeding him quickly enough, maybe he wasn't fond of the food, maybe he was tired or maybe, he is teething or just felt like crying. Who knows. Moments later, everything was fine again. He is beautiful, handsome, adorable, amazing and smart. We have an IKEA toy made up by a post and wooden rings in many sizes. Tonight, he was placed several of the rings on the post without help. He was concentrating so hard. Maybe that isn't a big deal but I sure think so. My sweet baby. I love him so much. Tomorrow, my big boy comes home. I miss him dearly and cannot wait to hear about everything he has experienced while away with Daddy. It is nearly 9pm and I am going to try to get to bed early. I ate a whole bag of edamame peas with soy sauce for dinner. The summer evening is amazing. The sound from the water fountain, the air completely still and warm, and the lights in the backyard all lit. What a beautiful day. I feel so blessed, so thankful.













No comments:

Post a Comment