Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Almost four..

Every day for the past few weeks, Max has been asking if it is his birthday. Soon, he will be four. To him, June 13h will never arrive. I assure him that soon, the big day will be here. The 11th of June is the day of his party and the 13th is his actual birthday. Ever since he started asking, we must have attended at least three birthday parties for his friends. He is now so anxious about his party, he can barely stand it! Today, I let him know that two of his friends from Central Nursery School are unable to make it to the party. He became so sad! Still, most everyone has said yes. It will be a big party.

I can't believe my first born is nearly four years old. He is so tall and looks more like five and is often mistaken for being older. My big boy. Does he know how much I love him? I tell him every day, hug on him constantly but still. With all the correcting and reprimanding taking place daily, does he think that all I do is tell him what he should and shouldn't do or does he truly know how loved he is? He was 7 lbs, 14 oz when he was born, a few days following his due date. He seemed so tiny. We talk about when he was a baby quite often. He likes to hear the stories about when he was brought home, about things he did and said as he grew older and how Finn reminds us of Max as a baby. We have experienced so much with Max in four years. We have traveled to Sweden twice, when he was six months old and when he was two. He has been to Delaware, Texas, Canada and all around the Bay Area. His most favorite play area is the beach. We are so thankful that we live near the coast. I honestly don't know what I would do if I wasn't able to take my child to the beach if he asked me to. He can ride his bike, his scooter, has tried skiing twice. He loves to play sports, including soccer and baseball. He is an active little guy who more than anything wants to be outside. He is interested in animals, mostly those who live in the sea. Our wonderful and amazing boy. How lucky and fortunate we are to have him. Happy almost birthday to you my son. I hope Saturday's party and your actual birthday will be everything you want it to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment